Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jeez Louise!!!


I am totally new to the blog game. I haven't read many. EVER. And as you all know, I just started this one last Thursday and it is my first blog (as evidenced by its extreme amatuerishness). But since it was somewhat inspired by other mommy blogs, I thought I would take some time to read through some of the ones that had initially turned me off as well as some of the buzz surrounding them. What I read has made me contemplate abandoning this pursuit entirely. There is some really mean stuff out there in cyber space, my friends. Because I want to distance myself as far as possible from the negativity that exists among mommy bloggers and their readers/critics, I want to make some things clear right up front. My problems with the few mommy blogs that I have read are MY PROBLEMS, not theirs. They stem mostly from my own jealousy and insecurity. There. I've said it.


I actually admire these women. I envy their energy and strength of conviction. I think homeschooling is awesome! I wish I had the energy to grow veggies in my backyard and cook them up in creative ways that would make my children beg for second helpings. And cloth diapers... well, I really don't want anything to do with cloth diapers (hey, I know my limitations). The point is: I don't want this blog to be about bringing others down just to build myself up.


My vision is this: that any mom might read and enjoy the "Other Mommy" blogs and then if and/or when she reaches the point where she is feeling discouraged she can click over to Lazy Moms Unite and read about my "purse muffin" (pictured above). The sight of the disgusting mess I found in my handbag this morning will help restore her to a place of confidence and security knowing that at least she (unlike me) had not left a muffin in her purse from a lunch she had with her hubby over a month ago.

5 comments:

  1. WHAHAAHAHA! I like to think of your purse muffin as a spectacular plan for the unknown snack attack! Should you have a hypoglycemic episode...viola! Purse Muffin to the rescue! ;) Maybe I'll hang up the coats (plural as in about 4 of them) that have been piled on the chair for 3 weeks now...or maybe I'll take a nap and read your blog...relaxing is vital to my survival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I remember those days! Yes, I have noticed people can be mean! Really, Mom used to say, If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all! I really try to follow through on some of the simple things I tell my kids! But as far as reading blogs, I mostly use them to find patterns and tutorials! .... yes, with my head hanging... I make things! hahaha.... but no, never made my own toothpaste, and cloth diapers.... never!!! Luv your blog! I will be reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Melody.. the Purse muffin is a great plan that could benefit you and your loved ones at the most unwitting moment!

    And don't let jerk in cyber space ruin what is a cathartic and enjoyable experience (at least for me ;) you be the voice of positive reason out here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That muffin would not last a day in my purse! Either I would have eaten it or my kids who are asking for something to eat on every venture away from home. It seems I don't find the time to keep enough food prepared. If it's good, it doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The muffin purse.....I LOVE IT!! I suppose then , my car could be called the muffin car! I keep telling my husband that it should not be looked upon so much as a big mess....but more like an emergency assault vehicle. When the Zombie Appocalypse is upon us ( which my 2 boys assure me will happen) we can comandeer the Xterra and have enough food and water for a month! Not to mention extra clothes, blankets, books and magazines to use for creating fire...... You are actually a genius, so don't let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete